Keto System is a small pack of freely downloadable, printable scenery largely meant for spaceship combat games. It includes some planets, suns, space phenomena (no battle is complete without weird field effects!), and a collection of generally useful chits and markers. License is granted for unlimited non-commercial use---just download and print!
Click to view larger version; download PDF to print.
Follow these steps to construct amazing Keto System space terrain of your very own!
- Download the PDF (3 megabytes)
- Get Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download, if you don't have it already.
- Print out desired pages. Enable page scaling if your printer requires large margins.
- Affix each page to a thicker paper stock using rubber cement or spray adhesive. Both spread more evenly and attach more permanently than white glue. Cardstock is best, but anything will work well---posterboard, cereal boxes, etc.
- Carefully cut out each piece. A hobby knife and straightedge are best, but scissors will do.
- Score the printed faces along the dashed gray lines and the backsides along the dashed red lines. Scoring prevents thick stock from splitting, tearing, and bending when folded. To score paper, trace the blade edge along the score line, breaking the surface but not cutting all the way through. This may take some practice to do well.
- Fold printed faces toward each other along red dashed lines and release to make a supporting base. Fold backsides toward each other along gray dashed lines and cement or glue the backsides together.
- Break out your favorite space combat rules & minis, and have at it!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.
- Design: Joe Kopena
- Artwork: Joe Kopena